Finally, a unit that is properly designed and manufactured to become part of the engine.
Berg's dual purpose oil filler and breather box for the VW air cooled engine includes internal baffles that separate the oil from the air and automatically return the oil back into the engine, providing a clean leak free installation.
Black powder coated finish for years of service.
The upright, easy fill, top mounted cap makes oil filling a breeze. This model has the stock style twist off oil cap .
Three AN-8 hose connections on this unit guarantee and positive seal.
Simple to install!! No holes to drill.
- Just remove the original VW filler that is held on by the internal nut.
- Install the mounting adapter with its gasket.
- Be sure the alignment/support pin is located into the (genuine VW) alternator stand tooling hole.
- It will not fit aftermarket stands.
- Install the o’rings around the nut and bolt on the Gene Berg breather box with the 2 furnished allen bolts.
- align the box and tighten.
All are black powder coated.
These are the most sanitary units ever offered for a VW engine.
Completely self contained and stay with the engine when it is necessary to R&R.
This model is for 12-volt alternator mount with three AN-8 inlets and stock style oil cap
Originated in 1980 and made in USA by Gene Berg Enterprises.